Monday 5 January 2015

Hope

06/01/2015

You're my only hope. Those are four words from the song "Only Hope" by Switchfoot, also done by Mandy Moore in the movie A Walk To Remember. This is not a post about the song, those artists or even the movie. It is a post about hope and I just happen to be listening to this song as I write and thought I would give it a mention.

Without hope, we are as good as internally dead. Whatever may have happened in your life, whether you caused it, someone else did, good or bad, do not ever lose your ability to hope for tomorrow. Hope keeps us smiling through the rains of life. It keeps us literally pushing through in the last couple of km's of a city to surf. It keeps us watching every game, even if our favourite sports team are no good this season.

Some may call us naive and stupid for doing those things, but if you don't hope and you give up, what kind of life is that? I am all for sincerity and telling it like it is, but I am also all for being positive, especially through the drama of life.

I hope that 2015 will be full of love, joy and peace for us all. I hope that 2015 will see me return to study my Youth Work degree. I hope I do not see the inside of a hospital, either as a patient or visitor.

Again, some may say I am naive and stupid. I am not naive and stupid and I know that will not happen for everyone. Some will experience some pain this year because that's just life. However, I encourage those that do see some hard stuff this year to go through it with hope in your heart and a smile on your face at the knowledge that the sun will rise tomorrow. If you need to turn off your phone and tune out for a while to rest, do that. Whatever it takes for you to keep yourself hoping, as long as nobody gets hurt in the process, do that!

Giving up is not an option,

Perry.

No comments:

Post a Comment